Campus Recycling and Refuse Services
Campus Recycling and Refuse Services has a program to help you recycle all paper and cardboard that you may not want to move. Phone 643-4612 to receive extra recycling bins or additional recycling details. The Campus Recycler website provides other helpful hints.
UC Berkeley Surplus
Surplus will pick up small amounts of furniture and equipment at no cost.
A rule of thumb: The amount must not be more than one mover can move in 30 minutes.
Please note - The following equipment requires special handling:
- Inventorial items must be submitted for disposal through BETS
- Refrigerator disposal requires an additional charge for Freon removal. Visit Refrigerator Disposal
- The movers and Overstock and Surplus will not handle items with a radioactive or biohazard label unless they have been certified as "cleaned" by Environment Health and Safety(EH&S).
- Monitors that are visibly cracked, broken or showing tubes are considered Hazardous Material. Call the Office of Environment, Health & Safety at 642-3073 for disposal as Surplus will not take them. For instructions about removing licensed, sensitive, or university software see Computer Equipment Disposal.
- Items that cannot be sold or recycled by the Excess and Surplus, such as broken wooden furniture, will be taken by the movers to the Davis Street Transfer station. Dump fees will be recharged to your order.
Please visit the Surplus operation's website for more detailed disposal guidelines.