Moving Services supports the UC Berkeley Campus, UCB off-campus locations, and University of California Office of the President with a full range of relocation services.
By using our services you receive:
- Negotiated contracts to provide the best price from the highest quality vendors
- Insurance verification to guarantee compliance with UCB policies & protect you in case of accidents
- Prescreening of vendors to ensure the highest quality service
- Easy payment through your campus chart string (or intercampus chart string)
- Assistance in handling the unexpected surprises of your project
Our coordinators can provide:
- Cost estimates & consultations
- Crews for moving:
- Office furniture
- Lab equipment
- Boxed materials
- And many other items
- Installers to assist with:
- Furniture assembly
- Cubicle reconfigurations
- Earthquake bolting and bracing
- Hanging of white boards, chalk boards, murals and posters
- And most other installation and assembly needs
- Specialty crews for moving:
- Optical tables
- Oversized equipment
- Fine arts and many other items
- Space planners to help you design your area and plan your project
- Supplies for your move such as:
- Moving Boxes
- Colored moving labels
- Computer bags
- Bubble wrap & packing paper
In addition, we can offer you advice on how to make your move run more smoothly.
When in doubt about what we can do for your project, just give us a call and ask.
We're always happy to discuss the options and find solutions.
*Once an order is placed cancellation fees apply. The minimum fee is $82.00. If canceled within 1 business day of order additional fees may apply.*
PG&E Power Shutdown and related Campus Closure Procedures:
With the new environment of potential campus closures during periods of PG&E mandated power shutdowns, note steps Moving and Event Services will take to contribute to a safe campus during power outages.
Moving and Event Services will not perform related work on the campus or other campus facilites that are run off of the campus' cogeneration plant when the campus has mandated closure to non-vital services.
The day before a potential closure, Moving Servics' staff will contact all customers via email who have moves or events scheduled during the proposed campus closure and offer to reschedule the work at no additional administration fee to the customer. A deadline will be provided for the customer to respond via email. In some cases of rescheduling or cancellation, any fees charged to the campus for rental equipment or other speciality items or crews may be assessed to the customer department.
Where customers choose not to cancel or reschedule their move or event by the provided deadline and the closure be enacted, Moving and Event crews will not be dispatched, but the customer will be charged an administrative fee and all related vendor costs.
Moving and Event Services Contact: