Purchase & Delivery
Departmental Representatives intending to purchase for their department must:
- Fill out the portion of the Interdepartmental Order (IOC), with the Department name, the Requestor's name, email, and phone number, and the Authorizing and/or Approving signature
- Fill in the area of the IOC asking for a chart string
- Once the item is paid for it can be picked up or delivered (see details below).
Arrangements for delivery can be made through Central Distribution. The delivery fee is $20 per item. We can only deliver to on-campus departments and restricted to what can be handled by one person and a box truck.
Purchased items can be held for up to a maximum of 5 days @ $10 per day. If not picked up within 5 days, the item(s) may be deemed abandoned and resold.
IMPORTANT: Sales to Employees and Their Near Relative - UC Conflict of Interest Policy (BUS-38)
- No one employed in Property Management, or a near relative of such employee, may buy excess material from the University.
- No one employed in a department originating excess material, or a near relative of such employee, may buy any excess material originating in that department.
- The principal driver of a University-owned motor vehicle, or a near relative of such employee, may not buy that motor vehicle.
- Near relative is defined as husband, wife, mother, father, daughter, son, sister, brother, step-relatives and in-laws in the same relationships.
- See policy BUS-38
- Exceptions to these provisions must be presented in writing to Property Management and approved by the Associate Vice Chancellor of Business and Administrative Services.