To the Campus -- Department Representatives intending to purchase for their Department, must:
- Fill out the portion of the Interdepartmental Order (IOC), with the Department name, the Requestor's name, email, and phone number, and the Authorizing and/or Approving signature
- Fill in the area of the IOC asking for a chart string
Once the item is paid for, it can be picked up. Delivery can be arranged for a minimal addition charge.
Items that are not being offered for sale via auction may be purchased outright ("over-the-counter") by the community. All purchases must be made via credit card. In an effort to provide a safe and healthy environment for our customers and staff, drop-in visits are not presently allowed. Instead, over-the-counter sales are by appointment only.
To make an appointment email UCSurplus@berkeley.edu.
In Store Purchased items only: 5 days @ $10 per day. If not picked up within 5 days, item will be deemed abandoned and resold.
(Does not pertain to Auction Items)
IMPORTANT: Restriction of Sales to Employees and Their Near Relative (BFB-BUS-38)
- No one employed in Property Management, or a near relative of such employee, may buy excess material from the University.
- No one employed in a department originating excess material, or a near relative of such employee, may buy any excess material originating in that department.
- The principal driver of a University-owned motor vehicle, or a near relative of such employee, may not buy that motor vehicle.
- Near relative is defined as husband, wife, mother, father, daughter, son, sister, brother, step-relatives and in-laws in the same relationships.
- Exceptions to these provisions must be presented in writing to Property Management and approved by the Director, Property Management.
Delivery of purchased items by campus departments may be arranged to the campus for a nominal fee. Arrangements should be made at the time of purchase.
There are no provisions for delivery of items purchased by the community. All arrangements for pick-up and shipping must be made by the buyer at the buyer's expense.